Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Google Chrome - First impression

Finally i found the download location for google chrome. Installation was fast and simple, the application asked me the right questions. (should i import from IE7?)

Google chrome handles plugins nicely, without the flash plugin the whole page, www.geenstijl.nl, loaded except the part that uses the plugin banner, which was clearly indicated.

I also like the style of the buttons and the big font of the 'adress bar' (which actually is the everything bar.)

First negative point is that it took me a while to see my favourites, which are called 'Bladwijzers' in dutch. Confusing for now but maybe after some time i'll like it.

What i don't like about the browser is the fact that it appears to have no support for RSS, which is IMHO one of the great features of IE7.

I will not remove it directly (like i did with firefox) but i will use it along side IE for the coming weeks.

No comments: